Events during 2017
GBC Events during 2017
Middleton Lakes, Staffordshire
RSPB Dungeness, Kent
RSPB Fairburn Ings, South Yorkshire
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT)
Lee Valley, Hertfordshire / Essex
RSPB Avocet Cruise, Exe estuary, Topsham, Devon
Sarehole Mill, Birmingham
Millenium Country Park, Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire
Staines Reservoir and Staines Moor
Hartlepool, Teeside, RSPB Saltholme and locality
Findhorn Basin, Burghead and Lossimouth, Moray
Chew Valley Lake, Somerset
Staveley Nature Reserve YWT, near Knaresborough
West Hanningfield Reservoir, Essex
Wyre Forest, Dowles Brook, Worcestershire
RSPB Burton Mere Wetlands, Wirral
RSPB North Warren, Suffolk
RSPB Rainham Marshes
Ufton Fields SSSI and Draycote Water
Peckforton Hills, Cheshire
RSPB Rye Meads, Hertfordshire
Great Bustard Project, Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire
Rutland Water, Oakham, Rutland
Wishmore Bottom, Camberley, Surrey
Warnham Mill Pond, West Sussex
RSPB Broadwater Warren, East Sussex
Poland week 22nd-29th, Bialowieza Forest and Biebrza marshes
Grand Get Together 10, weekend based in Bridlington, East Yorkshire
RSPB Pulborough Brooks, West Sussex
Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham
RSPB Coombes Valley, near Leek, Staffordshire
RSPB Ham Wall and Shapwick Heath, Somerset
Eurovision Birding Extravaganza weekend, Aberdeenshire
Thursley Common, Surrey
Goyt Valley, west of Buxton, Derbyshire
Tywyn, Dysynni Valley, Gwynedd weekend
Titchfield Haven Nature Reserve, South Hampshire
Alvecote Pools SSI, Warwickshire
RSPB Hodbarrow near Millom, Cumbria
Wanstead Flats near Epping Forest, SE London
Northumberland Weekend: Countryside and Coast
Anchor Bottom/Wood Mills, West Sussex
Sutton Bank, North Yorkshire
RSPB Otmoor, Oxfordshire
Rye Harbour, East Sussex
Newbold Pacey, Warwickshire
Brockadale, South Yorkshire
RSPB Cliffe Pools, Kent
Picnic in Tanworth, Arden, Warwickshire
RSPB Blacktoft Sands, East Yorkshire
Hampstead Picnic and Sports Day, Kenwood House, London
Ythan Estuary and Blackdog, Aberdeenshire
Cissbury Ring, West Sussex
Lickey Hills, west of Birmingham
Caerhun Church and RSPB Conwy, North Wales
East Yorkshire migrant hunt
Grove Ferry, Kent
AGM at RSPB Blacktoft Sands, East Yorkshire
Shetland migration week
Moore NR near Runcorn
KWT Oare Marshes, Kent
WWT Upton Warren, Worcestershire
Wheldrake Ings, North Yorkshire
A Run up the Coast, Aberdeenshire weekend
East Anglian weekend, RSPB Minsmere and NWT Hickling Broad
Mere Sands Wood and RSPB Marshside, Lancashire
RSPB Old Hall Marshes, Essex
Two Tree Island, Leigh on Sea, Essex
Whitacre Heath WWT, Warwickshire
Lee Valley Park, Hertfordshire / Essex
RSPB Pulborough Brooks, West Sussex
RSPB Greylake and Ham Wall, Somerset
Festive Lunch, SE London
YWT Potteric Carr, Doncaster, South Yorkshire
WWT Slimbridge, Gloucestershire
Brandon Marsh WWT, Warwickshire
Comberbach, near Northwich, Cheshire
RSPB Loch of Strathbeg, Aberdeenshire
Gay birding and similar organisations
- Gay Bird Watchers North America.
- a lesbian and gay birders group in Greater Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Well worth visiting if you are
a lesbian or gay birder
in the US.
Gay Outdoor Club
- home page for the popular UK-based club. Covers interests in walking, mountaineering, rock climbing, cycling, swimming etc.
UK birding links
- You can view today's tide times quickly and easily.
- a company run by our own Duncan Macdonald. Wildlife books, audio and multimedia guides.
- a great magazine site for UK/US birding issues, including some great I.D. features.
The Fat Birder
- a great site with all kinds of information for all levels of birding ability.
- A commercial site which includes regular updates of rare bird news.
Rare Bird Alerts
- A UK bird news service.
UK ornithological and nature conservation organisations
Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- protects birds and wildlife sites in the UK on behalf of more than 1 million members.
British Trust for Ornithology
- a research organisation which coordinates a number of major surveys, including Atlases, Breeding Bird Survey, Wetlands Bird Survey etc.
- ambassadors for waders/shorebirds. The Gay Birders' Club is a founder club sponsor.
Worldwide Fund for Nature Global Network
- an excellent site for this organisation devoted to wildlife conservation across the world.
The Wildlife Trusts' Partnership
- the umbrella organisation for the local nature conservation trusts.
Birding links for North America
American Birding Association Online
- a large organisation for field birders in USA.
- large membership organisation geared to conservation of natural ecosystems.
Peterson on line
- an online magazine for birders. Many popular articles about birds.
The Virtual Birder
- another internet magazine for birders.
Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology
- sound recordings galore, mainly for North American birds, but the labs collect wildlife recordings from across the world
Worldwide birding links
Birding on the Web
- Jack Siler and Willem-Pier Vellinga's very comprehensive resources and links site
Where do you want to go birding today ?
- Probably the most comprehensive set of links for birding sites. I doubt there is anywhere in the world that has been missed out
- Angus Wilson's identification resource. Includes taxonomic list for all the seabirds and marine mammals.
Brian Patteson Pelagics
- a fantastic site giving a lot of information about pelagic trips organised off North Carolina. Lots of pictures, including a new species for the North American list.
Shearwater Journeys Home Page
– Debi Love Shearwater's site for pelagic trips out of Monterey Bay, California. Anyone with a name like this has to be into seabirds, big time.
Elsewhere in the world
- a great starting point for information about birding in Australia and a good set of antipodean links
New Zealand Birds
- and the same for New Zealand.
Proudly powered by
Events during 2017