Events during 2018
GBC Events during 2018
Firth of Forth Frostbiter
RSPB Dungeness, Kent
RSPB Fairburn Ings, South Yorkshire
Draycote water, Warwickshire
Warnham Mill Pond, West Sussex
Welney WWT, Norfolk
Wyre forest, Worcestershire
Wraysbury gravel pits, Berkshire
Hartlepool, Teeside, RSPB Saltholme and locality
West Hanningfield Reservoir, Essex
Coastal walk, North-west Lancashire
Staveley Nature Reserve YWT, near Knaresborough
Ladywalk, Coleshill, Warwickshire
Sherwood Forest and area, Nottinghamshire
Rutland Water, Oakham, Rutland
RSPB Loch Lomand, Dumbartonshire
RSPB Rye Meads, Hertfordshire
Leam Valley, Leamington Spa
Cleaver Heath NNR, Heswall, Wirral
London Wetlands Centre, Barnes
Linkey Down, Aston Rowant NNR, Oxfordshire
Woods Mill, West Sussex
Highland Fling weekend, Aberdeenshire and Moray
Brownsea Island, Poole, Dorset
Padley Gorge, Derbyshire
RSPB Pulborough Brooks, West Sussex
RSPB St Aidan's, West Yorkshire
Swettenham Meadows & The Quinta, Holmes Chapel
RSPB Ham Wall & Shapwick Heath, Somerset
Sutton Bank National Park, North Yorkshire
Wishmore Bottom, Camberley, Surrey
Pitsford Reservoir, Northamptonshire
North Uist week
Dunkeld & Highland, Perthshire
Tiddesley Wood, Pershore, Worcestershire
Castor Hanglands, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
RSPB Leighton Moss, Lancs
Danube Delta and Dobrogea, Romania, 9 day holiday
Titchfield Haven Nature Reserve, South Hampshire
RSPB Frampton Marsh, Boston, Lincolnshire
Cannock Chase, Staffordshire
Camberwell Old Cemetery, One Tree Hill woods, Nunhead Cemetery & Peckham Rye, SE London
Northumberland Weekend: Countryside and Coast
Brean Down & Berrow Dunes, Somerset
Budby Common, Nottinghamshire
RSPB Sandwell Valley, Birmingham
Garden party, Huby, North Yorkshire
Goyt Valley, Buxton, Peak District
RSPB Otmoor, Oxfordshire
Picnic in Tanworth, Arden, Warwickshire
RSPB Blacktoft Sands, East Yorkshire
Rye Harbour, East Sussex
Ythan Estuary and Blackdog, Aberdeenshire
Fingrinhoe Wick, Colchester, Essex
Mull of Kintyre ferry trip, Ardrossan. Ayreshire
Java & Sumatra holiday
Cissbury Ring, West Sussex
RSPB Arne & Middlebeare, Dorset
West Papua holiday
Summer Leys NNR, Northamptonshire
East Yorkshire migrant hunt
Landguard Bird Observatory, Felixstowe, Suffolk
Grimley & River Severn, Worcestershire
RSPB Titchwell Marsh, Norfolk
Pennington Flash, Greater Manchester
Grand Get Together weekend, Morcambe, Lancashire
A Run up the Coast, Aberdeenshire weekend
RSPB Middleton Lakes, Tamworth, Staffordshire
Fife Ness or St Andrews, Fife
Rhayder weekend, mid-Wales
KWT Oare Marshes, Kent
Filey, North-east Yorshire
Marsh Lane, near Solihull, West Midlands
Glen Tanar NNR, Aberdeenshire
YWT Potteric Carr, Doncaster, South Yorkshire
RSPB Pulborough Brooks, West Sussex
Lee Valley Park, Hertfordshire / Essex
Festive Lunch, Islington, London
Tophill Low, near Driffield, East Yorkshire
RSPB Loch of Strathbeg, Aberdeenshire
WWT Slimbridge, Gloucestershire
Brandon Marsh WWT, Warwickshire
Martin Mere, Burscough, Lancashire
Gay birding and similar organisations
- Gay Bird Watchers North America.
- a lesbian and gay birders group in Greater Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Well worth visiting if you are
a lesbian or gay birder
in the US.
Gay Outdoor Club
- home page for the popular UK-based club. Covers interests in walking, mountaineering, rock climbing, cycling, swimming etc.
UK birding links
- You can view today's tide times quickly and easily.
- a company run by our own Duncan Macdonald. Wildlife books, audio and multimedia guides.
- a great magazine site for UK/US birding issues, including some great I.D. features.
The Fat Birder
- a great site with all kinds of information for all levels of birding ability.
- A commercial site which includes regular updates of rare bird news.
Rare Bird Alerts
- A UK bird news service.
UK ornithological and nature conservation organisations
Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- protects birds and wildlife sites in the UK on behalf of more than 1 million members.
British Trust for Ornithology
- a research organisation which coordinates a number of major surveys, including Atlases, Breeding Bird Survey, Wetlands Bird Survey etc.
- ambassadors for waders/shorebirds. The Gay Birders' Club is a founder club sponsor.
Worldwide Fund for Nature Global Network
- an excellent site for this organisation devoted to wildlife conservation across the world.
The Wildlife Trusts' Partnership
- the umbrella organisation for the local nature conservation trusts.
Birding links for North America
American Birding Association Online
- a large organisation for field birders in USA.
- large membership organisation geared to conservation of natural ecosystems.
Peterson on line
- an online magazine for birders. Many popular articles about birds.
The Virtual Birder
- another internet magazine for birders.
Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology
- sound recordings galore, mainly for North American birds, but the labs collect wildlife recordings from across the world
Worldwide birding links
Birding on the Web
- Jack Siler and Willem-Pier Vellinga's very comprehensive resources and links site
Where do you want to go birding today ?
- Probably the most comprehensive set of links for birding sites. I doubt there is anywhere in the world that has been missed out
- Angus Wilson's identification resource. Includes taxonomic list for all the seabirds and marine mammals.
Brian Patteson Pelagics
- a fantastic site giving a lot of information about pelagic trips organised off North Carolina. Lots of pictures, including a new species for the North American list.
Shearwater Journeys Home Page
– Debi Love Shearwater's site for pelagic trips out of Monterey Bay, California. Anyone with a name like this has to be into seabirds, big time.
Elsewhere in the world
- a great starting point for information about birding in Australia and a good set of antipodean links
New Zealand Birds
- and the same for New Zealand.
Proudly powered by
Events during 2018