Events during 2020
GBC Events during 2020 currently suspended due to Covid 19.
RSPB Dungeness, Kent
RSPB Fairburn Ings, South Yorkshire
John Muir country park, East Lothian
Greylake & Ham Wall, Somerset
Lee Valley, Greater London
East Head, West Wittering, West Sussex
Rutland Water near Oakham
West of Scotland weekend
Upton Warren, Worcestershire
Tophill Low, East Yorkshire
South Moray Firth
Hartlepool, Teeside, RSPB Saltholme and locality
Wooton Park, Bicester
Social event, Shoreham beach
West Hanningfield Reservoir, Essex
RSPB Otmoor, Oxfordshire
Lytham St Annes, Lancashire
Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Bookham Common, Surrey
Wishmore Bottom, Camberley, Surrey
Bubbenhall Wood and Ryton, Warkwickshire
Tweed Valley, Borders
Warnham Mill Pond, West Sussex
Extremadura week, Spain
RSPB Rye Meads, Hertfordshire
Swell Wood & Ham Wall, Somerset
Cleeve Hill, Gloucestershire
Richmond Park and Wimbledon Common
Wilstone Reservoir and College Lake, Hertfordshire
Grand Get Together 12, Portland, Dorset weekend
North Cave Wetlands, East Yorkshire
Thursley Common, Surrey
RSPB Nene Washes, Cambridgeshire
Blashford Lakes, Ringwood, Hampshire
WWT London Wetland Centre, Barnes
Isle of Coll 3 day trip
Wyre Forest, Worcestershire weekend
Pulborough Brooks, West Sussex
Padley Gorge, Derbyshire
RSPB Dove Stone, West Yorkshire
Rye Harbour, East Sussex
Grampian Pride and Ythan Estuary weekend, Aberdeenshire
Lundy Island, North Devon weekend
Cannock Chase, Staffordshire
Farnham Heath, Surrey
Northumberland Weekend, Countryside & Coast
Camberwell Old Cemetery, South East London
Titchfield Haven, South Hampshire
Bookham Common, Surrey
25th Anniversary Lunch
Eastern Caingorm tops, Aberdeenshire
Ryton Wood and Meadow, Warwickshire
Brockdale, Pontefract, South Yorkshire
Picnic in Tanworth, Arden, Warwickshire
RSPB Blacktoft Sands, East Yorkshire
RSPB Pagham Harbour, West Sussex
Bird Fair at
Ruislip Lido and Ruislip Woods, Middlesex
Ythan Estuary and Blackdog, Aberdeenshire
Cissbury Ring, West Sussex
East Yorkshire migrant hunt
Summer Leys, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Rainham Marshes, Essex
RSPB Middleton Lakes, Staffordshire
Grimley Gravel pits, Worcestershire
A Run up the Coast, Aberdeenshire weekend
Oare Marshes, Kent
East Anglian weekend
Walthamstow Wetlands, London
Linford Lakes and Floodplain Forest, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
RSPB Marshside, Merseyside
Stranraer, Dumfries and Galloway weekend
Croxall Lakes and National Arboretum, Airewas, Staffordshire
Gouthwaite Reservoir, Nidderdale, North Yorkshire
WWT Wetlands Centre, Barnes, London
RSPB Leighton Moss, Lancashire
Lee Valley Park, Hertfordshire / Essex
RSPB Loch of Strathbeg, Aberdeenshire
RSPB Pulborough Brooks, West Sussex
Two Tree Island, Leigh on Sea, Essex
Festive Lunch, London
Potteric Carr, Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Brandon Marsh WWT, Warwickshire
Cobbinshaw Reservoir, West Lothian
WWT Slimbridge, Gloucestershire
Staines Reservoir and Staines Moor, Surrey
Gay birding and similar organisations
- Gay Bird Watchers North America.
- a lesbian and gay birders group in Greater Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Well worth visiting if you are
a lesbian or gay birder
in the US.
Gay Outdoor Club
- home page for the popular UK-based club. Covers interests in walking, mountaineering, rock climbing, cycling, swimming etc.
UK birding links
- You can view today's tide times quickly and easily.
- a company run by our own Duncan Macdonald. Wildlife books, audio and multimedia guides.
- a great magazine site for UK/US birding issues, including some great I.D. features.
The Fat Birder
- a great site with all kinds of information for all levels of birding ability.
- A commercial site which includes regular updates of rare bird news.
Rare Bird Alerts
- A UK bird news service.
UK ornithological and nature conservation organisations
Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- protects birds and wildlife sites in the UK on behalf of more than 1 million members.
British Trust for Ornithology
- a research organisation which coordinates a number of major surveys, including Atlases, Breeding Bird Survey, Wetlands Bird Survey etc.
- ambassadors for waders/shorebirds. The Gay Birders' Club is a founder club sponsor.
Worldwide Fund for Nature Global Network
- an excellent site for this organisation devoted to wildlife conservation across the world.
The Wildlife Trusts' Partnership
- the umbrella organisation for the local nature conservation trusts.
Birding links for North America
American Birding Association Online
- a large organisation for field birders in USA.
- large membership organisation geared to conservation of natural ecosystems.
Peterson on line
- an online magazine for birders. Many popular articles about birds.
The Virtual Birder
- another internet magazine for birders.
Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology
- sound recordings galore, mainly for North American birds, but the labs collect wildlife recordings from across the world
Worldwide birding links
Birding on the Web
- Jack Siler and Willem-Pier Vellinga's very comprehensive resources and links site
Where do you want to go birding today ?
- Probably the most comprehensive set of links for birding sites. I doubt there is anywhere in the world that has been missed out
- Angus Wilson's identification resource. Includes taxonomic list for all the seabirds and marine mammals.
Brian Patteson Pelagics
- a fantastic site giving a lot of information about pelagic trips organised off North Carolina. Lots of pictures, including a new species for the North American list.
Shearwater Journeys Home Page
– Debi Love Shearwater's site for pelagic trips out of Monterey Bay, California. Anyone with a name like this has to be into seabirds, big time.
Elsewhere in the world
- a great starting point for information about birding in Australia and a good set of antipodean links
New Zealand Birds
- and the same for New Zealand.
Proudly powered by
Events during 2020