Here are a few links to web sites relating to Birdwatching.
To suggest a link, or if any of these links don't work send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links for gay birding and similar organisations
UK birding links
- GBNA - Gay Bird Watchers North America
- GAGGLE - a lesbian and gay birders group in Greater Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Well worth visiting if you are a lesbian or gay birder in the USA.
- Gay Outdoor Club - home page for the popular UK-based club. Covers interests in walking, mountaineering, rock climbing, cycling, swimming etc.
- IGLOO (International Gay & Lesbian Outdoor Organizations) - resources for gay outdoor groups across the world
UK ornithological and nature conservation organisations
Some birding links for the rest of Europe
Birding links for North America
Worldwide birding links
- TideTimes - You can view today's tide times quickly and easily.
- Wildsounds - a company run by our own Duncan Macdonald. Major stockist of all wildlife sound recordings and now also a major distributor of bird books. Also videos and sound recording equipment.
- Surfbirds - a great magazine site for UK/US birding issues, including some great I.D. features.
- The Fat Birder - a great site with all kinds of information for all levels of birding ability.
- Birdguides - A commercial site which includes regular updates of rare bird news from the Birdnet pager service.
- Junior Bird Club - A site for youngster birders.
Elsewhere in the world
Other sites of interest to birders
- Ocean Wanderers - Angus Wilson's identification resource. Includes taxonomic list for all the seabirds and marine mammals.
- Brian Patteson Pelagics - a fantastic site giving a lot of information about pelagic trips organised off North Carolina. Lots of pictures, including a new species for the North American list.
- Shearwater Journeys Home Page - Debra Love Shearwater's site for pelagic trips out of Monterey Bay, California. Anyone with a name like this has to be into seabirds, big time.
Gay and Lesbian Links
- NHBS Ltd. - an excellent natural history book catalogue and ordering service.
- Optics for Birding - a great site to look at if choosing new binoculars or teleescope.
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office - good advice about visiting overseas countries. The advice tends to be a bit precautionary. However, when they advise on not visiting a particular country, don't count on being able to get any travel insurance for there. This site has become “LGBT friendly”.
- European Medium Range Weather Forecast - probably one of the most accurate weather forecasting tools for 3 - 6 days ahead. Covers a large area. Great for finding out what the winds are going to be doing and have fun predicting what migrant birds it will bring. No information about fronts unfortunately.
- Stonewall - national organisation campaigning for equality for lesbians and gays in the UK. Plenty of information about how you can help their latest campaigns.
- SHOE INTERNATIONAL is new, cool and fresh - It's GIRL POWER worldwide!!!
- ScotsGay - site for the free magazine covering Scottish gay-lesbian life. Links and local information kept very up-to-date.
- Gay Times - national magazine containing Gay News and much other information.
- Out in the UK - a non-commercial site for gay men in the UK.
- Gay to Z Directory - lots of information about other gay/lesbian sites and events.